Sunday, January 18, 2009

Commit to be Fit

"In running it doesn't matter if you come first, in the middle of the pack, or last.
You can say 'I have finished.' There is a lot of satisfaction in that."
~ Fred Lewbow, NYC-Marathon, co-founder

One of my goals in life is to complete/run a full marathon. And wanting to get in shape and look fabulous on my Wedding Day - this was the perfect time to join a running group, instead of procrastinating, coming up with excuses why I have pursued this goal. Well, I'm not a runner. Growing up I always despised running. Yes, it is weird that I've always wanted to run a marathon, yet do not like to run. What can I say I'm full of paradoxes. Anyway, but now I actually ran out of excuses to procrastinate. Therefore, in October 2008 I joined a running group with these goals in my: Look fabulous on my Big Day and slowly morphing myself into a runner.
Naturally, I had to start in the beginners group, where we trained for a 5K. I can proudly say I completed two 5k runs within two weeks from each other. Not to mention, that I was able to improve my time tremendously from my first run. I improved my running time by 12min, which is a fantastic, considering I had just joined a running group and my first run was only two week prior.
Well, I'm still running. Yet, I don't despise it as much as use. Currently, I'm training for a 10k. However to prep myself for the 10k, I decided to run the Brea 8k in February. With that in mind our running group has been running 13 miles a week. Tuesdays and Thursdays, we (the running group) run 4 miles, and on Saturdays we run 5 miles. That's a huge increase from what I was previously running. Unfortunately though, both of my ankles have noticed the increase and they've been hurting a lot more. Hopefully with some orthopedic soles and taping up the ankles , will lessen the pain. Since we will be increasing our runs to 5 and 6 miles, in a few weeks.

Also, it's been awhile, since I posted updayed stats of my body. To see the improvements, I've made, I posted my measurements pre-running days.

August 2008:
  • Bust: 33.''
  • Waist: 27.5''
  • Hips: 36''
  • Weight: 117.5 Ibs (ugh, my heaviest I've ever been)
January 2009:
  • Bust: 32.5''
  • Waist: 27.3''
  • Hips: 33''
  • Weight: 116 Ibs
All in all, I'm quite happy with my stats, except for losing inches around my bust. Seriously?!?! My bust wasn't one of my problem areas. Ugh! As I've stated before, it's not as if my bust is well endowed. Oh well, thankfully nothing a good bra can't fix. I've lost a few inches around the waist area, not as much as I hoped for. Thinking positive though, hopefully in a few months my waist size will drop to 26.5" - just means I have to step up my side crunches.However my hips showed the greatest improvement. I went from 36" to 33". Woohoo!!! On to my weight, it appears I haven't lost too much weight, but I doubt the scale I have is correct. The scale one day tells me I'm 16Ibs and the next day it say 119Ibs. All that running I've been doing coupled with weekly gym visit and eating smaller portions, the scale tells me I've gain weight. It can't be right!

0 comments:

Post a Comment