Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Utah Olympic Park

Last week I traveled to Lehi, Utah, for my work. It turned out to be great business trip. As some of you know, I work in the Insurance Industry. The company I work for is medium sized Insurance Brokerage aka a Retail Insurance Agent. Anyway, I don't want to bore you guys with all this insurance mumble jumble. To make a long story short, one of the companies we work with frequently is located in Utah. Every year they put together seminar/conference/retreat for all of their Insurance Carriers/Retail Agents and Insurance Brokers. Typically Insurance conferences are pretty darn boring! Trust me, I'm not exaggerating. Right after these conference everyone runs to Happy Hour, including ME!! Naturally, I was pleasantly surprised that this business trip was actually quite fun.
While I was in Utah our host company took us to the Utah Olympic Park. It's quite an impressive park. Of course, they have several activities visitors can participate in, such as the bobsled ride (it's the second fastest track in the world). Some of the bob sled athletes reach about 80-90 mph. The zipline is another activity one can participate in. It's approximately (not quite) at the same height as the Nordic Ski Jumper. Unfortunately, I didn't bring my point and shoot, since I thought I was going to a boring Insurance seminar. I did take some photos with my my camera...but my camera is a piece of s#$% and won't let me upload any pictures. So sadly I can't post any pics of the original olympic medals, they displayed in their museum.
Nonetheless, I did find some pictures from the park online. Please enjoy.



0 comments:

Post a Comment