Monday, September 8, 2008

Money, Money, Money...in a rich man's world

Looking for the perfect wedding dress can be stressful, considering the various different dress designers out there. Not to mention, how expensive some of these dresses can be. Unfortunately, my taste in dresses is bit on the higher side. See example below:

Kenneth Pool, Design: Vivian

I absolutely love, love this dress, just too bad money doesn't grow on trees. After taxes and alterations the cost would be around $5000 -5500. Too expensive, even for just one special day.
But this past Saturday I found at dress, which was reasonable price and won't break the bank. It's a type of dress I had not considered at first. When I walked in the Bridal Salon I tried on several different dresses, but I didn't really find anything I was wowed by. However, there was another Bride at the salon, who had this beautiful ball gown dress on. She looked beautiful in it too. That particular bride wanted to purchase "my dress", but had to wait until her mom flew into town. The good daughter she is, she decided to wait, even though it was her second visit to the Bridal Department Store.
To make a long story short, I decided to try on that particular dress, as well. To my surprise a ball gown dress did not over power my petite statue. And I was actually wowed by the dress, once the sales lady put on the veil and the blusher on as well. I actually felt like a bride. =)
So, I'm so excited and just can't hide it...(don't know the rest of the lyrics. LoL)

Designer: Anne Barge
Not to sound conceited, but I got so many compliments, wearing this particular gown. Even after I had taken off the dress, shoppers still kept coming up to me to compliment me on the beautiful dress and the radiant glow I exuded. This reaffirmed to me that I made the the right choice.

0 comments:

Post a Comment