Friday, August 15, 2008

So it begins...

Even though I'm in the midst of wedding planning, some how I failed to realize that my 9 month mark was rapidly approaching. Last week Saturday, my good friend J. mentioned that my wedding was exactly 9 months away. Wow! I' was proposed to in December! It's finally settling in...I'm engaged! And next May, I will be getting married to my bestfriend, my soulmate, my lover. Man, talk about a delayed reaction. haha. =)

Thanks to a very persistent sister, I would not have been so far ahead in my planning. Basically the minute I got engaged she hounded me: Start looking into venues, all the good venues will book fast. Check out this photographer! She's an up and coming photographer! Start getting quotes! See if they are booking for 2009 already etc. ...

Yes, I have a crazy sister. OMG, if anyone could have just seen her during her wedding planning days. She definitely was a Bridezilla!! lol And I quote her:



".... Move over bridezilla...her comes SISTER-zilla! I kidd I kidd. The other day, my sister was calling me literally 10x a day and asking a million questions and I thought to myself was I like this, too? My MOH said 'YES just WORSE!' What a BITCH!"



In all honesty though, if it weren't for her, the only vendor booked would have been my venue. But thanks to her obsessive compulsive behavior during her engagement. The following vendors are booked already:

  • Photographer

  • Videographer
  • DJ/Lighting
  • Florist
  • Date of Coordinator
  • Officiant

  • Invitations
With my wedding being 9 months away, I'm on the hunt for the perfect DRESS. Actually, I'm just waiting on my mom to return from her trip. She went to the Eastcoast to spoil her grandkids. To get an idea what type of dresses I'm interested in just check out my planning bio.

In addition to my dress hunt, I'm still haven't decided on Bridesmaids dresses yet. So far these two Jim Hjelm dresses are in the running:











0 comments:

Post a Comment