Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wild Fires

I work 2 blocks away from where the fires were raging this past weekend. Yesterday, during lunch I drove through some of the effected areas. Thankfully, families didn't lose there homes here. However there are quite a few homes with minor structural damage. I feel for those families who have lost everything, especially those who do not have the proper Insurance coverage in place to help them rebuild.
It is even more aggravating to hear, that the fire were caused by careless individuals. Last night on the news, I heard that the Montecito Fire was caused by a bonfire. A group of young people decided to have a bonfire, but failed to check if it was completely extinguished. Come on folks! During the months of October and November, we always get hit by strong Santa Ana winds. If you chose to have a bonfire during this time, double check to see if the fire is out. I have not lived in California for that long. but even I know, that we get hit with strong Santa Ana wind during the Autumn season. Seriously, there are plenty of days in a year to have bonfires, why chose a the Fire Season?? Ok, end if rant!

0 comments:

Post a Comment