Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

*Update: Added Pictures
Happy Thanksgiving!

My day started out really early. I decided to run a 5K this morning in support of Spinal Cord Injuries. My other reason...well, ok so I wouldn't feel guilty if I stuffed myself. =)
This was my first 5K race. Of course, I was super nervous because I told myself that I needed to run the entire race. However, I was doubtful I would succeed, as I just recently joined a running group to get in shape for my wedding. Drum roll please....ha ha ha! Can you tell, I'm super excited?! I successfully completed my first 5K race!! Not to mention, that I ran the entire race! ! I was able to run it under 45min. I will be running another 5K race with my running group next month. By then, I'm hoping to shave off at least 5min if not more of my time.
My friend Chelsea, even came out to see me run! She took a picture of me crossing the finish line. She's such a sweet gal. She stood out in the cold to watch me run! I'll post a picture once she uploads them to her facebook.

Before the Race

Look at all the runners

Waiting for the race to begin

Beginning of Race

Crossing the finish Line

Awww....I'm still super excited that I was able to run the entire race. Seriously, I really, really, didn't think I would be able to. "Running is all mental". That's a statement I hear from every runner. It's true! While I only ran a 5K, the first mile was the hardest for me. I was ready to quit and give up. However I just kept chanting to myself: "You can do it". And before I knew it, I crossed the finished line.

I'm completely stuffed and soo full. Our Thanksgiving Dinner was yummy. My mom made Turkey and Ham, and my younger sister decided she wanted to cook/make all the side dishes for our dinner. The food was simply delish, especially her Appler Pie. Simpley Devine! I'll post pictures later. Too stuffed right now. Going to pop myself on the couch and watch a bunch of movies.

0 comments:

Post a Comment