Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hail to the Chief

The results came in last night, but I was to tired to blog. Technically I should be sleeping, as I didn't go to work today. I'm trying to fight of this cold I have and hoping to regain my voice I lost. =(

I'm so excited about last nights results. It was a historic presidential election, and America made history. Last night, America spoke and voted for our new President-Elect : Barack Obama.

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Hispanic, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled. Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been just a collection of individuals or a collection of red states and blue states."

Nothing else needs to be said. If you want to read the full speech, just click here.

Unfortuntaly though, the Yes on Proposition 8 campain was successful. Gay couples are not allowed to get married in California once again. It's a shame!

0 comments:

Post a Comment