Friday, April 10, 2009

Honeymoon: Costa Rica

According to theknot I have 24 days left till the Big Day! Finally! I can't wait, I just want to be done with all the wedding planning and just relax and not have to think of RSVP's, menus, programs etc... All I want to do is lay on the beach in Costa Rica, with a cocktail in my hand enjoying the beatiful Costa Rican sunset.

Image By xymox

Initially, J. and I wanted to go to Europe for our honeymoon. We both decided that we wanted to visit and explore a country, we both have never been too. With that in mind, Greece was a perfect destination. After careful calculation we had to abandon the plans for Greece. It was just not feasible for us to do.
With Greece off the table, my good friend M. suggested to rent out her husband's Stepmom's brother's apartment in Paris. We would have gotten the apt. for a heavily discounted prize. Unfortunately though the airfare prices didn't cooperate with our plans. A round trip to Paris for just one person would have cost between $1200 -1600. Hmmm.... of course, I didn't want to spend the majority of our money on airfare, because we had plans to travel to Germany from France, so that I could attend my 10yr High School reunion and meet up with some of my old HS friends. However with the airfare being so steep, we knew that we wouldn't be able to explore Europe the way we wanted to. Naturally, I was pretty bummed that we had to abandon the Paris plans as well, since I wanted to visit with some of my friends from HS, who I hadn't seen, since I moved to CA. It just wasn't meant to be.
How did we decide to honeymoon in Costa Rica?? Well, with Europe completely off the table J. and I started to look at the Caribbean and Central America for destination spots. We looked in to Jamaica, the Bahamas and Costa Rica. In addition, we both knew that we didn't want to just hand out at the beach for 2 weeks. We wanted to be active and explore things. So with that in mind, we decided on Costa Rica. Costa Rica seemed like the perfect choice. Not only does J speak fluent Spanish (which will be extremely helpful), but we are able to be active , and explore the beautiful country. At the same time though, we can be lazy and just relax at the beach. So excited about our trip. It will be the first trip J. and I go on. Unfortunately, we won't be leaving right after the wedding, but two weeks later. I don't mind it too much because it will give me some time to wrap up some insurance renewals before I head out on my two week long Honeymoon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment