Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Make Room For Santa

This past Sunday, I ran my 2nd 5k race. As you all know, I'm a novice when it comes to running. But just recently joined a running group to get in shape. Although I had my first 5k run on. Thanksgiving Day, this race was the official race for all the 101 runners, for the A Snails Pace running group.
Naturally, I was still super anxious to run another 5k and potentially running the race in the rain, which I was not looking forward to. Thankfully, it did not rain, but it was still freezing cold. When I left my house in the morning the thermometer displayed a whooping 37 degrees. I even had ice on my windshield. My goal for this race was to shave off at least 10 min from my previous time. And I succeeded!!!! I ran the race under 35min.
Drum roll please....my time was 33:50. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of me just yet. But the wife of my running coach took some pictures, so hopefully I will be able to get my hands on those pictures. So no pictures in this post. However, my next goal is to successfully complete a 10k in April. Training with my running group begins in January. Can't wait to begin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment